Saturday, November 15, 2014

It's Been So Long I May Have Forgotten How...



…to blog, that is...It's been a busy year with lots of changes.  Good thing I don't mind change.  For those of you that use to follow this blog, I hope you're still out there somewhere.  Finding a nice balance in life is a challenge we all face and I'm still working on it.  
When I started this blog, it was because I had a space in a co-op where I sold my projects and other dealers and customers would often ask me for tips, advice, or simply how to do a project.  Teaching a class definitely didn't fit into my schedule and I'm not really comfortable speaking to a crowd.  This blog seemed like the perfect solution.  It worked okay for awhile but I found myself doing every project with this blog in mind and it made everything take longer.  I had to remember to take "before" and step-by-step photos.  Then I had to sit down and put the whole thing together.  I found it to be quite time consuming.  Problem is, I still like having a journal of projects.  I've tried to continue taking photos although I admit I often forget to take "before" pictures.  

I found that creating and managing a Facebook Page for A Junker's Journal is a quicker way to post projects.  That way the project gets put out there for potential customers and anyone that has a specific question can always ask and I can always do a How-To blog if anyone shows a particular interest.  

If you aren't following my Facebook Page and would like to, here's the link:  https://www.facebook.com/AJunkersJournal 

I'm not selling from a co-op anymore.  It just wasn't fun anymore and I really need for this to be fun.  I am excited to say that I have done the Three Speckled Hens Show  twice now and it's the perfect venue for me.  It's right here in town twice a year; the first weekend in May and the first weekend in October. It gives me the time in between to work on projects and then I get to set up my little shop and meet the customers in person (something I missed with the co-op situation).  It's a lot of fun and a great show so if you have the opportunity I hope you'll attend and stop by and introduce yourself.

After doing two shows, it wasn't quite enough so I've reopened my Etsy Shop.  So far, I've listed available handmade jewelry, a few jewelry holders and some hand-knitted items. 

 My ultimate goal is to add everything from vintage and handmade lamps and lampshades to pillow covers, and even the furniture pieces.  This way, you can shop from the comfort of your own computer.  

So far, this new balance seems to be working well for me.  I've had carpel tunnel surgery on both wrists in the last 13 months so I'm excited to get back into the workshop where I can wield some "real" tools.  I'll keep posting on Facebook and Etsy and try to add a blog here once in awhile….so I don't forget how.  

Happy Junkin'
Sherri


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post A Comment